Birthing a Child Friendly Earth
The way I see it, it doesn’t make much sense to bring more children into the world, unless we’re willing to do what it takes to make this common home of ours a little more child-friendly. I initiated the Birthing a Child-Friendly Earth Project after 9/11 with an f ongoing series of workshops, phone-conferences and other educational events, aimed at raising the level of our collective compassion and engaging our inner activist. In this way we can strengthen each other and gather the courage to speak up on our own behalf as well as on behalf of our not-yet-born children. One of the projects initiated within this series is Turn It Around Project, which has now become a separate not-for-profit organization. (website under construction).
You can take a look at the two videos below that document our peace projects.
Here’s to turning toward Peace,
9/11 Bowing Project
9/11 to 11/9: The Turn It Around Project
A wise man said: The only thing needed for Evil to triumph is for well meaning people to do nothing.
The Turn It Around Project is about well meaning people connecting to do something. In this case we are applying the tools of the Fertile Heart TMOvum Practice to increasing the consciousness of compassion within the human family.
More than 2, 964 people from over 50 countries were murdered on September 11, 2001. The tragedy of this magnitude can be a giant step toward increasing global consciousness. But it is not going to happen without us.
If we are to ever measurably reduce suffering within the earth-community, we must begin by acknowledging that the impulse toward cruelty is present in all of us. Unless we recognize it and choose not to act on it, this impulse will continue to seek expression in ways we cannot control.
The intention of the Turn It Around Project is to channel the energy of grief and rage into a creative force, and to contribute to a more meaningful public dialogue about the roots of violence.
Please consider adding your name to the petition to US Ambassador to the UN, Dr. Susan Elizabeth Rice, requesting that 11/9 be declared International Day of Compassion for the following reasons:
- As a symbolic expression of turning tragedy into a source of healing
- To honor the lives of women and men from over 50 countries, murdered on September 11, 2001, by engaging in a deeper public dialogue about the roots of violence. We begin that dialogue by recognizing the impulse toward cruelty within ourselves and by choosing not to act on that impulse.
- To affirm our ability as conscious adults to channel painful feelings into a creative force
- To acknowledge our responsibility as members of the earth-community, to actively engage in reducing suffering caused by tragic consequences of violence.
- To eliminate the depletion of our common resources and the environmental devastation caused by the destructive effects of wars.
(link to Petition- http://alturl.com/txwq9)
The UN can only be petitioned by countries, rather than individuals. If you are not a US citizen and would like to join us and petition your ambassador to request the declaration of IDOC, please contact us at info@FertileHeartedHuman.org, or email@example.com
If you’d like to read more about the evolution of the project the Want a Miracle? Be a Miracle Blog Post tells that story. .
If you’d like to engage with this project more actively, join us for the next free Teleconference. Turn It Around Project on Facebook
Here’s to Turning It Around!