In macrobiotic literature, overcooked short grain brown rice is a hormone balancing agent. This favorite of our family, is a delicious way to take advantage of this grain’s medicinal properties. Almond milk is alkalizing and a good source of protein. So curl up with a good book, and luxuriate!
This is an easy easy recipe.
It takes 4 hours to cook. It is, however, worth the wait.
- 1 cup short grain brown rice
- 1 1/2 quarts Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- Wash rice
- Combine all ingredients in a pot
- Bring to a boil and then reduce flame to as low as possible
- Stir every 15 minutes. (it is more important to watch this more closely as time goes by, as you run the risk of cooking off the milk and burning the rice.
If it does get dry add some water.
Top with cinnamon and serve warm or cold.
You can also try adding some cardamom.