10 Fertility Food Tips and Natural Fertility Enhancers
Fertility foods and your Ultimate Fertility Diet
- The Ultimate Fertility Diet is the one that unfolds for you a day at a time guided by the ultimate fertility nutritionist sitting in the middle of your stomach. It begins with letting go of the idea of “dieting.” In the Fertile Heart Ovum Program food is a delicious ally, a tool that can help you discover the hiding places of the Orphans and create observable changes in the way your body functions. That’s power!
- We start with what’s most pressing! Your body will guide you if you tune in. Is your energy level low? Do you have digestive problems? Have you been diagnosed with PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids?
- Regardless of your diagnosis, everyone can benefit from eating combinations of foods that are easier to digest. It leaves your body more energy to balance hormone levels, repair what needs healing, and nourish new life. If you feel tired and sluggish after meals your body is asking you to lighten the work load. Check the Fertile Heart Recipe Corner for some delicious tried and true, easy-to-digest, fertility boosting meals.
- Regardless of your diagnosis, your body will appreciate it if you minimize the intake of processed flour, such as bread and baked goods. Incorporate whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, millet, and buckwheat. The fiber in these foods promotes the excretion of toxins from your body.
- Estrogen is stored and produced in your fat cells. Levels of body fat play an important role in all fertility related difficulties. If you are over or under-weight, chances are the Orphans are in charge of meal planning. the Fertile Heart™ tools can support you find the road back to balance.
- Eat organic, fresh, nutrient filled wholesome foods as much as possible. Exposure to synthetic estrogens in pesticides is toxic and confusing to your endocrine glands. This is especially important if you suffer from fibroids and endometriosis. A growing volume of research points toward a link between xenoestrogens and the symptoms of estrogen dominant diseases.
Check our list of the most important foods to eat organic
- Sugar is not a fertility food. As much as possible, reduce the amount of sugar—even natural source such as honey, agave, molasses. Considerable body of research shows a link between sugar and impaired ovarian function. Women who wrestle with PCOS need to pay particular attention to glucose levels. Take time to learn what is pleasurable and a true source of sweetness in your life
- Tobacco, alcohol and caffeine are also far from fertility food items. (Even one cup of coffee a week will raise risk of miscarriage.) They burden the liver and kidneys, two of the main organs responsible for sweeping out excess estrogen and keeping your hormones and immune system in balance.
- Choose carefully selected Fertility Supplements in aiding your Cleansing and Preconception Detox, without relying on them for nutrients that only wholesome foods can deliver.
- Above all, be kind to yourself! The strength to make fertility enhancing food changes will come through healing the Orphan and strengthening the Visionary within you. After all, your relationship to food mirrors your relationship with yourself. So slow down and observe your food choices as lovingly and non-judgmentally as possible: “I’m sorry you’re having a tough day. Go ahead and enjoy that gallon of Ben and Jerry’s honey, just go nice and slow… The Fertile Heart Imagery sequences can be powerful tools in helping you become your own most compassionate ally, helping you discover your favorite fertility foods and your very own, unique, always changing Ultimate Fertility Diet.
For additional guidance on fertility foods check the “Ally in the Cupboard” chapter in The Fertile Female and “Cleaning the Refrigerator” in Inconceivable.
Copyright Julia Indichova and Fertile Heart™. No portion of this document is to be reproduced without permission.