Alkalize for Fertility and Health:Tilting the Scale toward an Alkaline, Conception Friendly Holy Human Loaf
Basic Guidelines for Tilting the Scale toward an Alkaline, Conception Friendly Holy Human Loaf
Can our pH levels, in other words our acid-alkaline balance affect conception, implantation, egg and sperm quality and just about every organ function involved in getting pregnant?
The answer is a resounding yes.
If your cervical fluid is too acidic, the sperm will have a hard time reaching the egg or even surviving in an overly acidic environment. What I see in my work is that a lot of women and men who are meat eaters or are on some form of high protein diet tend to be acidic.
So what do we do about it?
I have touched on the subject of acid alkaline balance and explained the basic ideas of pH levels in the “Ally in the Cupboard chapter of The Fertile Female.This page hopes to give you a few basic no nonsense guidelines on maintaining a conception friendly alkaline Holy Human Loaf.
What does that mean in practical terms to maintain a healthy acid alkaline balance? .
- Begin with making sure that all is well with your digestion-elimination because acidic waste can be re-absorbed from the colon into the liver and make your system too acidic.
- Replace or decrease the consumption of acid forming foods such as caffeine, alcohol, sugar, dairy products with alkalizing foods. See a sample list of foods at the bottom of this document.
- Your feelings, thoughts, actions are also tilting the scale toward either a more alkaline or acidic environment. The Fertile Heart Imagery, Body Truth and all of the ideas of the IBOW practice are meant to support your nervous system balancing all organ functions.
- Pleasurable exercise, massage, journaling, engaging in creative pursuits are all calming and as such alkalizing activities.
- Learn how the foods you eat affect your body’s acid-alkaline balance. But above all, please don’t use this information to drive yourself crazy with regard to food and fertility. Instead see if you can use the information to engage your kitchen-creativity and experience the power you have to be your body’s chief change maker.
Below is a brief list of foods to jump start your alkalizing experiment:
Alkaline Forming Fruits: apples, apricots, avocadoes, blackberries, blueberries, currants, graperfruits, lemons, limes, papayas, pears, persimmons, pineapples, raspeerries, strawberries, tangerines watermelons,
Alkaline Forming Vegetables: artichokes, asparagus, beets, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, celery cauliflower, chard, cucumber, dill, eggplant, endive, garlic, ginger, kale, kohlrabi, leeks, lettuce, parsley, parsnips, pumpkin, radish, romaine lettuce, rutabagas, sauerkraut, turnips, watercress, yams,
Alkaline Forming Grains:
Buckwheat flour, millet, oatmeal (non sweetened)
Almonds, chestnuts (roasted) coconut (fresh) cashews, macadamia nuts
The Acid-Alkaline Diet for Optimum Health, Christopher Vasey, N.D. Healing Arts Press 2004
Baroody, Theodore A. Alkalize or Die. Holographic Health Press, 1991.
Calbom, Cherie and Maureen Keane. Juicing For Life. Avery Publishing Group Inc., 1992
Murray, Michael, Joseph Pizzorno, and Lara Pizzorno. The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods. Atria Books, 2005.
Pitchford, Paul. Healing with Whole Foods.North Atlantic Books, 1993.