Decoding reasons for miscarriages and moving toward a full term pregnancy: The Fertile Heart™ Approach.
Similarly to every other infertility diagnosis, the answer to what causes miscarriages is hardly ever a simple, clearly determined, single cause-effect relationship.
The Heather’s Gift E-book is a great example of the many case histories of women I worked with whose miscarriages continued to be a mystery even after they were treated for the most common miscarriage related imbalances listed below. (Sign up for the FertileHeart newsletter to receive your free copy of Heather’s Gift.)
The stories of the women featured in the Fertility Success Stories Video are other great examples of the Fertile Heart™ multi-layered approach to decoding the mystery of recurrent miscarriages.
In other words, although there are commonalities that underlie the challenge of miscarriages each person’s constitution and history are unique and so is the path that leads to healing.
The most common medically determined underlying causes of miscarriages:
- Underactive thyroid
- The presence of antiphospholipid-antibodies is another common answer to the causes of miscarriages although this answer has been highly controversial with little solid research.
- The presence of infections—generally treated with a course of antibiotics (See interview with Dr. Sami David in the What to Expect from a Fertility Expert e-book where he offers his view on the poor diagnostic practice and treatment of infections in general in the reproductive health arena.)
- MTHFR gene mutation – This gene mutation linked to miscarriage and implantation issues can be easily diagnosed through testing. Women who test positive for MTHFR cannot process a synthetic form of folic acid. This is one of the first diagnostic tests administered to women with recurrent miscarriages. The problem is easily remedied with methyl B12, methyl-folate and other supplements. A gentle weekly detox regimen will help with any toxic build up of unprocessed synthetic folic acid. Be sure to work with a knowledgeable integrative physician or healthcare provider before supplementing, as some people do not tolerate higher doses of folate. (The MTHFR issue is also briefly addressed by miscarriage specialist Jonathan Scherr in the What to Expect from a Fertility Expert E-book.)
- Chromosomal abnormalities linked to age are another answer my clients often receive to the question of what causes miscarriages. As I see it, the answer of poor egg quality is often used when the health provider can’t come up with a more solid reason for the miscarriage. Increasing one’s overall level of health can help you win the statistics game, several sequences on the Fertile Heart Imagery CDs are intended to reverse the damaging effects of the “collective panic of the last good egg and the self-serving ageist approach of the Infertility Industrial Complex.”
- Nutritional deficiencies are often linked to reasons for miscarriages—Fertility Foods, and Fertility Supplements can be an effective solution to correcting nutritional deficiencies that might be one of the causes of miscarriage. (See article on Supplementation linking miscarriage prevention with supplementation.)
- Poor sperm quality—a very common, often hidden, answer to what causes miscarriages—also responds to fertility supplements, fertility foods and inner-conflict resolution. Studies indicate than when sperm quality goes up, miscarriage rates go down.
- Fibroids—depending on the size and placement of the fibroid they may interfere with implantation, and be one of the causes of miscarriage. (Foods and Herbs that may help shrink fibroids naturally.)
- Unacknowledged conflict between partners, inner conflicts about pregnancy and motherhood are on the emotional level some of the most common answers to the “what causes miscarriages” question. Miscarriages and fertility woes can wreak havoc on a marriage and of course they can also show you what the marriage is made of. (Fertile Couplehood blog on the Fertile Heart Approach to the Passion of Baby Making.)
Several imagery exercises on the Fertile Heart Imagery CD and Fertile Heart Imagery 2 are specific miscarriage related remedies, which have been instrumental in healing the pain of miscarriages, and identifying the causes of miscarriage on the emotional level and leading to full term pregnancies and healthy babies.
Copyright © 2010-2012—Julia Indichova and FertileHeart.com. No part of this article may be reproduced or transmitted in any form by any means without the permission in writing from Julia Indichova and FertileHeart.com. Thank you for respecting the many years of dedication that went into the creation of our resources.